[LUG] Superfluity of Information

Please can some one tell me how to select what I want to read from your highly infomative "list"before I download.
Do you have a system where I can NOT download the dross and only select the gold i.e. the stuff that I am interested in.
At present I am getting everything and it is not a good thing - perhaps I am expecting too much
Maybe the contributors could be a little more informative about the contents of their pearls of wisdom -e.g 15 messages all with the Subject " Re:[LUG] Yahoo Messanger on Mandrake 10" - this does not give me enough info to decide whether I really want to start reading or just use the Junk Button to clear my In box.
I might be missing the answer to how to use Linux but I only have so many days to live
I am new to this LUG business so no flames please - I am trying to be constructive
regards
Mervyn Mitchell