Re: [LUG] Farseer enterprises - continued

Hi

I reckon this bit is important to look at. I think I could start a computer business just on support for my mates using windows. Over the last month, I have installed two new modems, configured a lan network and a wlan network, help the old guy out with his satellite card, downloaded and installed Firefox on several machines. It seems that a lot of windows boxes I know are buggy and do not work quite perfectly.

Four years ago I took of my installation of w98 and haven't looked back. I have way more knowledge than the average user... knowledge I didn't have until I started using Linux. I don't have anything like the frustrations I had running w98 and I get to meet and chat with lovely guys like you lot on the lug!

Maybe we could start compiling a list of boxes and posting to the lug. e.g. This box with this motherboard and this ram and h/d with this software installed works well as a basic word processor box and costs this much to build and set-up. We all seem to have machines!

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)