Re: [LUG] Farseer enterprises - continued

paul sutton wrote:

Just had a chat with Kevin at Farseer, He wants to sell a line of PC's running Linux so they are cheaper than the windows boxes he sells. One of the problems is that not just Linux users are going to buy them. Because they are cheaper, any user will go for them simply because they are cheaper.

Then I think he's going to get an awful lot of support questions, like "Why won't this game I bought install?" and "MS Office won't run, help!"

IME, most PC users can just about distinguish between PC's and Macintoshes (because Mac software isn't sold in most shops) - but will just get frustrated and angry if they're sold something that most people haven't heard about.

Hope I'm wrong.

--
Simon Avery