Re: [LUG] Debian

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 01:12:39 +0000
Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Grant, Matt and James and anybody else that offered assistance.

I finally cracked it. I had a boot floppy for FreeBSD. So I booted that
up, loaded it up and then downloaded the drivers for a network install.
I then loaded the floppys in order to arrange a network install. Debian
detected my card straight away and promptly loaded a base kernel. It is
currently loading an x-window and various bits of software!

I'll tell you in the morning how everything else has gone!

Rich

Good luck.

I can tell you from personal experience that if you stick with doing things the
Debian way for a week then you'll not go back.

I was a died-in-the-wood "I'll try anything once, so long as it's Slack or RPM
based" (I had a very nasty experience with Debian waaay back), but on hearing about
the new developments in Debian, I decided to give it another go.

Guess what I'm still using?

Hope it works out.

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.