Re: [LUG] UKLinux

On 2004.10.05 06:07 Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Simon

I am glad that you have had no real problems with them. I have not heard from them in months despite several emails sent. The only time I have heard from them is to get payment for the website!

In the course of my recent business with them I had to write a 'harsh' email and I ended up with a harsh response. Not good customer service! To be honest they didn't really give me any advice then and just fobbed me off with a "we don't deal with outside programmes" and your script is broke.

I don't know what they do all day long and maybe I am judging them unfairly but I have to admit that I promptly wrote an email to Phone Coop who provude the dial-up access and asked how much to transfer!

In the meantime I am still stuck. But that is for a different email!

Rich
www.littlebigfoot.org.uk
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news." Isaiah 52 v 7 (The Message)

Hi,

Go to the directory above the root directory of the gallery script and chmod -R 755 <directory> (where <directory> is the gallery root directory.)
If the Gallery is running in the cgi-bin, it may not be able to write to any directory inside the cgi-bin anyway.
Also, make sure the script and all its directories are owned by your user. If not, do as above but issue chown -R username:username <directory> as the command.

Are you using a terminal seesion for this or just an ftp client ?

alan