Re: [LUG] Organising Meets

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 9:23 pm, Sadie Brinham wrote:
A network install can serve multiple installers at the same time. You
just need enough disk space to hold 4 or 5 complete distributions.

Ah..O.K.I wasn't sure of the meet protocol.

It's not a protocol as such, just lessons learnt the hard way.

So,you don't hand out
distros.

We can, it was something we did at the Linux Install Day but that was for
those who didn't bring a computer (!) or wanted to have a disc to give to
friends after the event.

Network installs are far more efficient, can be a whole lot faster and don't
suffer problems of a dodgy/scratched CDR.

God,I'm just a mine of useless ideas today,aren't I?:)

Not useless - we were planning our own CDR's a while ago to give away with
second hand computers - just that for a meeting where people bring a computer
along, leaving each box isolated from all the others has disadvantages.

BTW. With the new found enthusiasm on the lug, (someone actually said it was
quiet a week or two ago!) can we resurrect that idea of CDR's to give away
with our web address and a few little add-ons?

Paul? You're full of ideas this week - you started the original thread here:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/archive/2004/05/msg00049.html

What's happened since?

Hmm, looks like I finished my C project just in time - this lug is getting
busy!
:-)

--

Neil Williams