[LUG] Install.

Posted by "Jon Davey" <jondavey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, thanks for the replies. Sorry about the HTML email.
Neil W Wrote
Where did installation stop?<
What errors were displayed?<
(Mandrake is particularly good at these things normally)<
The first sign that there might be a problem was when X-free-86 did`nt load. I was
asked if I would like to go on with the instillation or stop it there...I carried
on. This then carried on untill a message conferming that the process had "died"
appeared.

Niel Wwrote
Try Knoppix, try Mandrake 10, try any Fedora 2 as well. The options >are endless
and you've only just begun.<

I`ve got a copy of Debian Woody here that I`m concidering looking at again.
Matt L wrote
If you have broadband, try Debian netinstall.
<http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimag>
snip<
make sure you use the testing branch, and install a nice
graphical desktop like GNOME.
The hardish part with Debian is the installation. Feel free to >contact
me off list and I can help you install GNU/Linux

Unfortunatly I do`nt have broadband ...yet. I may need help with the Debian distro
I`ve got though. Thanks.
Luke H wrote
Is the ITX one of the all in one mini compact systems? From my hazed
memory they were released not to long back.

Yeah thats it.....
I would go with Neils suggestion and try out Fedora 2 or Mandrake >10 -

OK thanks for the help. I`m not sure what I`m going to do yet.....I`ll have another
bash at the install then think about getting a new distrubution probably.Thanks
again.
..Jon Davey......

--

Generated by the contributors page