Re: [LUG] Linux on (oldworld) PPC?

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:26:20 +0100 (BST)
"Matt Lee" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Grant,

I'm about to do a similar project myself, having recently aquired 14
oldworld Macs.

When I return from Berlin on the weekend, I will begin to look at the
possibilities of putting GNU/Linux onto the machines, or alternatively
NetBSD.
mattl
Webmaster, Free Software Foundation

Matt, have you had success with these yet?  I've been having a few problems with
regard to the OpenFirmware... any ideas how to get the damn things to boot from
hdaX?  I've tried setting it to all the nice things written so-far, such as
"ata/ata-disk@x:X" (where X is the partition #), and setting the load-base to 10000
(I think that's the right # of 0s), but I still have to resort to clearing the CMOS
(or "zapping the P-RAM"... I think that sounds much better :D) and booting from
floppy.

Cheers buddy.

G.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.