Re: [LUG] Evolution Migration to Thunderbird

Mark Evans wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

After much aggravation I have managed to export my Address Book from Evolution 1.4 to Mozilla Thunderbird. However, Mozilla does not allow import of *mail* from anything but Netscape 4 Communicator, while

IIRC Netscape (and Mozilla's) mail format is mbox.

It is, there are lots of tools, mainly courtesy of the developers at Eudora. There are also tips at the MHonArc site:
www.mhonarc.org

>> Evolution's "export" facilities.... umm.. it doesn't have *any*....

But the mailbox can be read by tools and put into mbox format. Pity that Ximian developers don't fold some of them into Evolution.
:-)

You could always use IMAP.

--

Neil Williams