Re: [LUG] Broadband

Terence McCarthy <tjmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:45:22 +0100
Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can I persuade BT that as I have a business interest they
should be enabling the exchange?

Thanks

Rich, this is BT we're talking here- the only business they're interested
in is their own, and I suspect that unless you are (already) a very large
customer nothing going to happen until they see the money.

Fortunately someone already has, the reason that all the 100 exchanges in
cornwall, bar one right on the border at the tip of N cornwall, are being
enabled is because actnow are doing something to fund it. Also, ADSL isn't
the only option, Concept Group[1] offer wireless broadband packages that can
reach areas other broadband offerings can't, and there are a couple of other
options as well.

[1] Full disclosure: I work for Concept Group, so I might be somewhat biased ;)

--
James                                   jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"I think your making them mad." "Mm-hmm." "It's bigger than we are." "I know."
(Marcus Cole and Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Voices Of Authority")