Re: [LUG] Broadband

Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Guys

Thanks for the response but got an email this morning to say I was
misled and in fact Broadband would not be enabled until July 2005. I
was hoping to start a small internet business off but now it looks
like I won't be able to. Is there anyway (other than moving!) of
getting Broadband? Can I persuade BT that as I have a business
interest they should be enabling the exchange?

Yeah, register with Actnow at www.actnowcornwall.co.uk[1] They are trying
to drive adoption of broadband in Cornwall, and will also subsidise part
of the cost of computer equipment purchased for business reasons.

Email me to say where you are, roughly, I am working on the actnow project
at work at the moment, as we are one of the technical partners, so might
know a bit more.

[1] linked from the broadband availability link.

--
James                                   jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky." (Amb. Delenn, B5 "The Gathering")