Re: [LUG] Re: LUG Stuff...

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 17:19, Terence McCarthy wrote:
Yes- there are no laws, just normal usage, and subscribing to the commonly
accepted norms. The fact that many do it does not make it right, it merely shows
that the internet, and its usage, now is becoming, or has become, the lowest
common denominator of communication. Note the increasing usage of "idiot-text"
abbrevations on this and other related lists.

There have been a number of flame wars by those who want to continue their top
posing responses, without thinking about others, or the logic of cutting and
bottom posting. Sad, isn't it?

As the number of those who don't know/don't care increase, the entropy of lists
like this increases with them.

Terence

Hi Terence,

I apologise if my reply to you came over as a bit rude.  As you may know
from the LUG postings I have made recently, I am fairly new to Linux and
the frustration element got the better of me.  Also I am currently off
work with stress (probably not the best time to be doing this to be
honest).

None of the above is your fault of course and I am sorry if I seemed to
come off as argumentative.  Looking back at my original post I see what
you mean about top posting.

Kind regards,

Julian