Re: [LUG] Re: LUG Stuff...

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:38:49 -0400
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*sigh*

I knew it was too good to be true.

BTW Terence I posted this to the group as the *ORIGINAL* post Grant
replied to went to the group, so it was entirely valid to send the
followup to the same source.  Also I'm not aware of any laws against top
posting, and have seen it here quite frequently.

Yes- there are no laws, just normal usage, and subscribing to the commonly accepted
norms. The fact that many do it does not make it right, it merely shows that the
internet, and its usage, now is becoming, or has become, the lowest common
denominator of communication. Note the increasing usage of "idiot-text" abbrevations
on this and other related lists.

There have been a number of flame wars by those who want to continue their top
posing responses, without thinking about others, or the logic of cutting and bottom
posting. Sad, isn't it?

As the number of those who don't know/don't care increase, the entropy of lists like
this increases with them.

Terence