Re: [LUG] Re: LUG Stuff...

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:38, Julian Hall wrote:
*sigh*

OK I know what I wrote ;)

Success! :)

I don't know if I have left any orphan files lying around, I probably
have.  However I have managed to get UT2003 installed in Mandrake and it
looks *great*.  For one thing it proves beyond any doubt that my Geforce
5600XT *is* running at full whack as the graphics are superb :)

In the end I had to:

1.  Copy the linux_installer.sh off disk 3.
2.  Run the installer with a terminal session open as root at the same
time.
3.  umount /mnt/cdrom every time it asked for the next CD
4.  mount /mnt/cdrom and click OK to carry on loading the files.

I have to say Linux does not seem to handle CD swapping as tidily as
Windows does, as this approach seems quite messy.  However at least it
works.

Now to work out how to get the USB Print server to behave and (OK I
forgot what the other thing was but I know that was hardware too).

Kind regards,

Julian