Re: [LUG] EU Vote June 12th - who to vote for

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 21:09, frank black wrote:
 If anyone figures out which MEP is the best bet for defending Free
Software and patents please let the dclist and me know.

The only concrete information I have found is this, on the Foundation for a
Free Information Infrastructure site:

http://www.ffii.org.uk/libdems.html

In short, the Lib Dems have an official policy expressing that they are deeply
sceptical of the benefits of software patenting, but the FFII are
dissappointed that they aren't a bit more vocal about their policy.

From a first glance at the other pages on this site, the Conservatives and
Labour are both portrayed as being broadly in favour of software patents.

I shan't be able to express my opinion as I got my Electoral Registration form
in too late :-(

Cheers,

Jon