Re: [LUG] EU Council of Ministers votes for Software Patents

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 23:06, Robin Cornelius wrote:

This brings me on to on June the 12 are the MEP elections, does any one
know where there is a list of SW candidates and if they publish their
political views anywhere  (especialy SW patent related)  so I can pick who
i want to vote from based on this?

There's a list of South West candidates here:
http://www.europecounts.org.uk/your_candidate/south_west

As for finding their political views, the best bet is to try and find the
websites of the South West branches of each party.

Most of the political parties don't have any published policy on software
patents. I believe that the Lib Dems as a party are against software patents
(but I don't think this is an official policy), as are the Greens (who are
also for Free software). You've very unlikely to find any view from specific
candidates, but you could always e-mail them.

HTH,
David.

--
David Johnson