Re: [LUG] help please

T Brownen wrote:

I have been running my mail for a year on var versions of mozilla mail,
but it had a habit of crashing not losing my mail but requiring me to
retrieve it from the mail folder as .eml's.
So mozilla is out.

What "various versions"? Things before about 1.3 were pretty flaky at
times (still way above most MS mail clients but not satifactory,
although I never lost any email I did have a bit of a worried moment
once), I had to kill off one the XUL files a couple of times in 1.21.

I'm using 1.6 and it is probably the most solid email client I've used
since mailx.

It can of course depend on underlying libraries being solid as well.

Back in the days of Redhat 7 on this box with Mozilla 1.6, but it is
rock solid.

On Redhat 9 the standard Kmail is flaky, but later versions in Debian
unstable seem much better (although no where near as solid as Mozilla).