Re: [LUG] help please

useing Suse 9
Hello again
          I am sorry I did not reply sooner with the observations on
Mail software. I had mail problems LOL
I have been running my mail for a year on var versions of mozilla mail,
but it had a habit of crashing not losing my mail but requiring me to
retrieve it from the mail folder as .eml's.
So mozilla is out.
as I receive mail from a number of sources a copy of all is sent via an
AOL account where with AOL communicator  it is auto archived but of
course that is run in win-doze.
As I have a catch all set up on my site xtal.info it would be nice to
auto sort mail as it comes in to sit in the right folders, the old
Ximian and Kmail could do some of this but not all, and if I tried to
answer from any folder but the inbox it sometimes failed.
However last night I discovered that Novel was giving free the Ximian
Desk 2 for free so I downloaded the 250meg Gnome conversion and found it
done most of what I needed.
It is still not up to the AOL communicator (it is the only decent AOL
software I have found)
As a by, AOL now caters for Linux but not officially.
Many thanks to all
Trevor
A new Query has anyone come across a Linux editor that will auto switch
to hex if the format is not asci in win-dose Ultraedit does that but a
Linux version is not available.
Thanks