[LUG] Reasons to reboot

Rebooting is a pain. Thanks to the stability of linux and the hibernate feature on my laptop, I hardly ever have to reboot.

However, there are a couple of things that sometimes force me to reboot:

* Network drives that won't unmount ("device is busy"). Trying "mount -o remount" just hangs there. Running "ls" on it crashes the terminal, and it even seems to affect browsing the parent directory in KDE applications.
* Processes that won't die, despite "killall -9" and "kill -9".

Also, my KDE menu items have dissappeared, which is rather annoying.

Any advice most appreciated as ever.

Cheers,

Jon