Re: [LUG] Samba problems :-(

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

Hmm, seems to be working now, although I still have permissions problems. For instance, on the server, it's:

"drwxr-xr-x 3 jon jon 4096 Jan 10 16:44 zero_7"

Whereas when I view the same directory mounted on my laptop over SMB, it becomes:

"dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jul 20 2003 zero_7"

The share is supposed to be read/write for my user only, and is mounted by this line in fstab:

"//server/music /home/jon/music smbfs username=jon,password=pass,rw"

SMB mounts don't bring the ownership details with them, you have to tell it who should own the files on the local system.
Check out the uid/gid options

Eg.

//server/music /home/jon/music smbfs uid=jon,gid=jon,username=jon,password=pass,rw

Pete