Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni, Sun's

I'm also at Plymouth Uni.

Saw about 50 14" CRT monitors going into the crusher last year. Asked the
bloke in charge if I could take one, he said yes. As I was walking away
another guy ran after me and asked me to put it back. Double gutted.

Meanwhile the computer warehouse opposite Uni is selling 14" at about £30
I think. If they buy at £15 that's £750 lost.

All this and we're writing scientific papers on environmental impact. If
I was rich I'd sue.

On Sun's:

Would love to use linux on something non-x86 for a change but it seems
it's either

- too slow to be useful
or
- too expensive

The best is Macs but even that's a bit common.

I'd love to mess with one lend to me for a bit just for fun.