Re: [LUG] The Joy of Linux!

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 13:37, Mike Chidley wrote:

> Lee.....
>
> get `apt for rpm`.....does exactly the same as apt for debian but for
> Redhat/Fedora.
>
> get `synaptic` aswell  (front end for apt)....then two clicks to upgrade
> KDE :-)
>
> Mike

I did mike but synaptic/apt had a few issues on my suse box which in the end
left me with an several broken programs and several RPM --rebuilddb required.
In the end i downloaded the entire APT/rpm repositary from ftp.gwdg.de burnt
it to a DVD/RW and mount it as an installation source and let YAST pick the
bones out of it,as rpms get updated at the ftp site i just update the DVD.

It works quite well and i add other rpms to the dvd also that the apt site
don't have.

Lee