Re: [LUG] The Joy of Linux!

Rob Thyssen wrote:

On Tuesday 02 Dec 2003 11:02 pm, lee quick wrote:

I have used RPM based distros for quite a while, not wanting to get into a
debate with our deb friends! about the relative pros and cons :)

Too late ;~)

Read your post, typed 'apt-cache search fsv' to get:

*** Shell output ***
digital:/home/rob# apt-cache search fsv
fsviewer - A NeXT FileViewer lookalike
fsviewer-icons - Icons for fsviewer to make it look more like the NeXT FileViewer.
*** End shell output ***

typed 'apt-get install fsviewer fsviewer-icons'
30 seconds later I have an all singing all dancing fsv with dependencies

Lee.....

get `apt for rpm`.....does exactly the same as apt for debian but for Redhat/Fedora.

get `synaptic` aswell (front end for apt)....then two clicks to upgrade KDE :-)

Mike