[LUG] Good media player ?

Hello a newbie here again.

Thanks to all who have helped me so far.

I've installed RedHat 9 and it seems (?) that the basic personal
install does not include a multi-purpose media player.

CD player yes, CD ripper yes but not a media player that will play
.avi's .......mpg's........wav........mov.........mp3...........asf
etc.

I have tried to look through the 7 CD's in the Redhat Dist package and
have come across the cast list of Lord of The
Rings.(abbreviated)...the extreme terseness of the file name doesn't
really tell me very much.

If anyone is familiar with RedHat 9 can they tell me of a good all
round Media player in the Distribution ??..and is it as easy as double
clicking on the file to get it to install (?) (probably not I rather
feel, we are not in windows territory now young man.)

Thanks

Richard