Re: [LUG] Good media player ?

Hi Richard,

You can use xmms for your mp3s. But note that as the
player comes on the redhat install it will not play
mp3s (this is due to redhat being to nervous about
patents?!)

However there is a binary you can use that will remove
the restrictions:

<careful of the wordwrap on this url>

http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-
rpm/xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-21.i386.rpm

I use xine for my dvd vcd stuff:

http://xinehq.de/

Note that you need the plugins for the winders stuff to
play. RPM's are available you may have to google a bit!

Regards,

Luke

Quoting richard.fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hello a newbie here again.
>
> Thanks to all who have helped me so far.
>
> I've installed RedHat 9 and it seems (?) that
> the basic personal
> install does not include a multi-purpose media
> player.
>
> CD player yes, CD ripper yes but not a media
> player that will play
> .avi's
...asf