[LUG] Linux intro courses

Hello,

Haven't followed all of this, but:

> >I would be interested to know too. If only because I would like to see
> >something like this in Torbay, also I would be intrested in seeing how much
> >genuine interest there is in such a course. Love to attend (just to crib
> >some notes, get some ideas for course material etc ... Assuming all
> >documentation is GPL ) but Exeter's a bit too far away for a regular
> >Wednesday Jaunt  especially as the course starts at 6pm :( .

I received a large pamphlet at home about evening courses at various
colleges/sites around Plymouth. I seem to remember there is a Linux
intro course being held either in Plymouth somewhere or at Ivybridge. No
idea who is giving it, I just remember reading it and wondering who was
giving it.

I don't think I have the pamphlet anymore but I'll check at home if
anyone is interested. Alternatively contact the main Plymouth library
and they should be able to help.

A month or so ago I gave a very short linux intro course for the
computing people here. I got replies from 16 people who wanted to do it,
and 12 turned up. I thought that was very good since I only planned for
4 or 5! I did 2 x 2-hour sessions. The first on installing redhat 9
linux  - and explaining who you can run Windows and linux on the same
box; and the second session was just looking at the web browser
(mozilla), email (ximian's evolution), and OpenOffice. Needless to say
before finishing even the first session some people had already logged
on and found the games :-) It was designed really just to get people to
the point of logging in and doing some basic 'home user' type stuff.

John.