Re: [LUG] netiquette

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 11:41:06 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> Politics? Can't see the relevance to any kind of user group. I'd say that is
> best left to a personal website etc. But then, who is to decide just when an
> active discussion becomes political?

Yes that is true. I had in mind not to see discussions about American
foreign policy. But of course there are free software political issues.

> No swearing I'd say is a good recommendation - as I said, this archive is
> completely public and things do reflect on the wider community.

It goes unsaid. That is true.

> > If not, how about drawing one up?
> It has to be voluntary or we'd have to switch to a moderated list - not much
> use.

Well yes voluntary then. I am totally against a moderated list.

How about this. A WIKI/FAQ on dclug where we all can store answers to
typical mails that we seem to see a little too often lately?

The Winmodem excuse is old. If people own such a bad piece of hardware,
buy a USB modem or some external modem. They are cheap. Lets evolve!

-Kai