Re: [LUG] Mozilla problems

Simon Waters wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>
>>Simon Waters wrote:
>>

>>How, exactly? I'm using dial-up (and paying per-minute too so I'm
>>offline a lot and online for as brief a time as possible).
>

> What's that costs a month for someone like you?

Don't know yet, haven't been using it for a whole month yet! My usage
has decreased recently, especially as I'm not writing much new content
for the sites at present - too much else on. KPPP is doing some
accounting but I don't know how accurate that will be. However, this is
UKFSN (http://www.ukfsn.org ) so if I do pay more, I have some benefits:
1. I can connect more easily than Tiscali
2. I'm thrown off less often than Tiscali
3. The money is going to Free Software not shareholders.

A better service with altruistic benefits too???!!
:-)

> Oh POP3 - I remember that (he says scratching head).
>
> Kppp can run any command you like, so it can run fetchmail or a
> script calling fetchmail, but I plead ignorance to fetchmail.
>

> Procmailrc files look like greek to me as well, I've survived
> years of *nix without doing anything in procmailrc except
> editting the field the author of Stump suggests need editting in
> his documentation.
>
> But I think if you find the right "fetchmail" example, you
> shouldn't have to plug in more that POP3 server, account,
> password, and that you want it filtered via spam assassin.
>
> Only you can answer whether it is worth the effort, if Kmail
> does everything you need then don't bother.
>
>  Simon

I'm thinking of using Mozilla for some accounts and KMail for the rest.
No particular reason - just that I can.

- --

Neil Williams
http://www.codehelp.co.uk