Re: [LUG] Knoppix and spellchecking

Hi Keith

OOo comes installed by default with US dictionary, you need to get the UK one from openoffice.org. you should also find some install info there,as it can be a bit tricky. Once this is done you then need to set it up in OOo and Select english as your default language. I would think this will present you with problems when it comes to Knoppix, But from a HD install it should stay setup. If you can;t figure it out, give me a yell and I will dig out the Descriptive on how to sort it out

Cheers
Rick

keith lawford wrote:

Dear Alll
Can someone help me. I have begun to use Knoppix 3.1 -as bootable from CD-. It seems a rather good system, quick, easy to use etc. However, it has an odd problem: the automatic spellcheck under OpenOffice and Kword underlines English word -as basic as the etc- with red i.e., as a wrong spelling. I have checked the dictionary, langauge used etc. The little incon in the righthand corner is a US flag etc. Is this a bug, etc? Does anyone know the solution. Word processing is important for my work so I need spell check to work.
I have a an automatic spell check problem with Mandrake 9, running OpenOffice it does not work? I have tried the langauge etc. It is most annoying.
Cheers
Keith