Re: [LUG] Parted query - Partition Magic 8

Neil Williams wrote:

do it. Try resizing different partitions, and moving. You should of
course be using parted from a bootdisk. I remember seeing RH8 installer
with it.  Just ctrl+alt+f2 and parted /dev/hda

Not enough room on the bootdisk for the 332kb parted binary.

Parted can be downloaded as a bootable disk image that you "dd"
(or "rawrite.exe" if it is before a Linux install) to a floppy,
this disk image forms a vital part of my PC toolkit, even for
non-Linux stuff.

I'm sure "parted" must have uses where you don't boot from a
floppy disk (or CD-ROM/DVD), but I've managed to avoid them ;-)