Re: [LUG] Parted query - Partition Magic 8

On to, loka?? 17, 2002 at 09:07:02 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
So how do I use parted to use that spare space now? (I have Partition Magic -
not sure which version - and it has support for ext3 (according to the menus)
but it only offers the possibility of moving the root partition and expanding
the SWAP space! It is possible that this could allow me to then allocate part
of that enlarged swap space to the end of root but it seems long-winded and
risky.)

man parted

I can't tell you what to do, as that program is little interactive. Just
think about what you are going to, and do it. There is a zillion ways to
do it. Try resizing different partitions, and moving. You should of
course be using parted from a bootdisk. I remember seeing RH8 installer
with it.  Just ctrl+alt+f2 and parted /dev/hda

This is 1Gb that I could use nicely in RedHat7.2

1gb is a tiny amount of space.
don't waste time.

-Kai