Re: [LUG] Time warpz

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

My, you sure have a thing against power saving...  it says "device busy" and
spits out "could not open device" on the console in XMMS, although I guess
that probably doesn't mean much.

Well it has a pretty poor history, in fact things got so bad M$
decided to step in and create a totally new and different
standard.

My laptop works reasonably well, but I think it is more luck
than judgement. One of the desktops here has a power saving
monitor that is quite capable of powering down when you leave X
windows, or otherwise swap modes, so I disabled it, I always hit
the screen power button after xlock anyway.