[LUG] Time warpz

On Sunday 11 August 2002 18:44, you wrote:
PS: You appear to be trapped in some sort of time warp,
answering questions before they were asked ;)

Seeing as you point it out, has ANYONE got ANY idea why my laptop keeps
randomly changing the time by a number of hours, possibly when suspending?
It's a Dell Latitude CP running Linux Mandrake 8.0, if it's relevant.

And whilst we're on the subject, any ideas why the suspend will quite often
'hang' when suspending, and quite quickly show a completely garbled screen?
And why it instantly started working again when I showed it to a linux geek I
met on the train?

Oh, and if you want to make it a hat trick, why does my sound card stop
responding randomnly, possibly after a suspend?  I can only fix it by
rebooting (erghh, reminds me of the Bad Old Days), despite restarting every
(vaguely) relevant service.

And I shan't ask what happened to the 'cat' command... I think that's just
coz my system is seriously screwed!

Jon