Re: [LUG] Oh the Horror!

On 05-Aug-2002 at 18:02:23 Lee Quick wrote:
My Isp has just changed its telephone number, and for some bizarre
reason the dial-up only works In m$?

Larknet I see. They changed my number too.

Could it be too rapid and PPP mistakes it for no carrier ?

Nah. I just disconnected the modem and dialed the actual number. It gave me
a 'number not recognised' message. I tried the old number and got a dead
tone - so I guess that was it for the time being (this was v late at
night/early morning). I tried again the next day and the new number worked
fine - connects nicely always first time (so far).

John.