Re: [LUG] New member

kevin bailey wrote:

 > I use demon, but then I always have. It works for me, but seems a
 > little expensive for some.

hi steve - i'm thinking of getting demon for my own ADSL - quick
question.  although they say 'unrestricted TCP/IP traffic' i was
wondering if gnutella works over it ok?

The product is basically supplied by BT, Demon are looking at
novel routing, but I think one ADSL is much like another at the
moment.

Demon have been okay for years, but this year they have been
having a few problems. Some of which they will probably be
helped now they have decided to scan their own address space for
open mail relays.

I'd look at smaller more personal ISPs with a Linux bias,
UKLINUX, Andrew and Arnold, and similar, Demon may be going to
pot, hard to say, I really don't want to have to move, too much
is using the non-portable domain name :(