Re: [LUG] more study required - RE: What I've found so far XML

Roland Tarver wrote:
"use strict and -w"

when i know what -w is I'll probably agree with u.

Turns on warnings - helpful if you want to know what is wrong with a script you have written! An alternative (I reckon) is to put:

use warnings

under use strict. Another useful one for writing secure CGI stuff is the -T switch, which stands for `Taint mode'. I am sure there are some who consider this an abhoration (sp?) but this will insist upon data validation from, for example, HTML forms passed to your script.

Read your perldoc or join a reputable local mailing list.

Using all the sanity-checkers can be extremely irritating but, if you are just starting out, it will absolutely insist that you do things the Right Way from the outset, which has to be good news...

MB