Re: [LUG] Heist ad: IBM, Linux, and audio from MPEG 1

On Thursday 03 January 2002 15:09, you wrote:

I'm just glad if it all works.  I had a lot of problems with sound in
slightly earlier versions of KDE and SuSE 7.2.
I'm on 7.2 still.

other sound sources are finding the way to your speakers
Yes.
that the mixer volume controls are ok (including the hidden
one on Noatun)
Aha!  Nope, that was not enabled, but was working for other ormats including
some MPEGs and after enabling it it made no difference.  Pity.

I think moving up to the latest version is probably required.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/