Re: [LUG] Heist ad: IBM, Linux, and audio from MPEG 1

Adrian Midgley wrote:

I got audio + video from kde media player (Noatun), no problems.  Nice
ad! Very IBM.  My environment - Noatun 1.2.0, KDE 2.2.2, Qt 2.3.1

OK, its me.
Where should I look first?  I'm new to the multimedia stuff on any platform.
DO you have a list of codecs you have that I could seek to compare?

It looks pretty standard for mpeg.

My archaic KDE1 box only plays it rather crudely with mplayer,
mplayer seems to work with everything though - so if you have
it, it is worth a shot.

What else do you use sound for? Why do you think it is a codec
that is missing?