Re: [LUG] Heist ad: IBM, Linux, and audio from MPEG 1

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 5:48 pm, Adrian Midgley wrote:
The article is at
http://consultingtimes.com/Serverheist.html
and is worthwhile
The advert is at
http://www.consultingtimes.com/media/heist60.mpeg
5 MBytes.

On this KDE here I only get video, whereas on another OS I get
audio.

So is this a general thing,

I got audio + video from kde media player (Noatun), no problems.  Nice
ad! Very IBM.  My environment - Noatun 1.2.0, KDE 2.2.2, Qt 2.3.1

or can I reconfigure my machine to play
the audio from this file, and if so where can I find the codec
required, please?

It is the sort of thing that has some relevance for the NHS where
email outward through an Exim installation on Solaris is fine, but
internally on multiple MS Exchange Servers is crap.

But it would have more impact if it played on a Linux desktop, I
think.