[LUG] EMail Clients... and Netscape 6

I used to use, pegasus at uni.  outlook and outlook express when on the
darkside. After I saw the light I used Netscape 4.75 cos it was the only
email I could get to work.  Then I managed to work out what a Host name is
and now use Kmail.  For a web browser I use Konquerer.

As a Question,  I would like to know why I cannot use Netscape 6?  I have
loaded it on to the machine, however there are no icons or anything to say
'Use Me' etc.  I loaded it in as root, hoping that all could use it ( I also
tried this with Star Office 5.2 but that didnt work either) but nothing is
visible.

Any suggestions?
JM