Re: [LUG] Re: Palm and Redhat

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 06:51:52PM +0000, Jody Dunstan wrote:

> A multi-port serial card sounds like a good option because I won't
> have to unplug my modem.  Altough I am not familar with them, could
> you give the basics.

I don't know the specifics of supported cards, but in a nutshell, I
imagine you'll get /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, etc.

With that in mind, you can then have:

/dev/modem -> /dev/ttyS0
/dev/pilot -> /dev/ttyS1

which will be as simple as a symbolic link.

I guess :)

I've certainly done multiport cards on other PC Unixes (or Unices),
specifically SCO, where we had a whole universe of serial printers.

You might like to take a delve into the HOWTOs.

Steve