Re: [LUG] Re: Palm and Redhat

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 06:45:20PM +0000, Jody Dunstan wrote:

> The manual says the palm will not share a port but I assume this is
> for our friends using windows.  Is this true for linux?

I rather suspect this is due to the little port monitor thing that
Windows uses for hotsyncing. That's from a Palm III users perspective.

I have to wonder if these new fangled palms listen too, so that you
can stream data to them without doing anything on the palm
itself. That might be a reason.

What is your kpilot error, btw?

Have you tried the command line pilot-xfer for testing purposes?

> If this is the case i'll have to add another port or fork out for
> the USB option with all the fun and games that provides.

Maybe a multi-port serial card would be more the mark.

Steve