Re: [LUG] Network unreachable

> I'm still struggling with a firewall / masquerading / gateway / problem.
>
> I can now access the internet from 192.168.0.2 from behind a apparently
> adequate firewall. (www.grc.com reads the ports as in stealth mode, just the
> same as ZoneAlarm Pro does for my Windows box.)

OK, quick step to find ou exactly where theproblem is:
1) ping router (0.2) from client
2) ping router's external IP address (ppp connectio? ping the ppp address)
3) ping an internet IP address from a client
4) I think the problem is before here.

Have you set up forwarding up on th router? IIRC youneed to echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward IIRC.
Also, check your ipchains FORWARD rule - is it on accept?

"Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)"

> --
>
> Neil Williams

Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx
12 Manston Road, Exeter

"The best way to accelerate a windows box is at 9.8 meters per second square."