Re: [LUG] Network unreachable

> I need to add:
> ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ.

Yup, I had ths problem too - stumped me for about 2 or 3 days when I was seriously looking (needing) ipmasq :) Someone on www.linuxjunior.org pointed it out to me.

I dont use any firewalling script, except my own, whih is very basic and just drop a bunch of ports. I have the enable forwarding line at the top, and everyting forks fine. (I use iptables but the principles the same)

> Can someone help explain why this keeps getting overridden when added to the
> firewall config files? Each time I restart the firewall, this line is
> overridden and the internet is closed off to the masquerading box!
>

> --
>
> Neil Williams

Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx
12 Manston Road, Exeter

"The best way to accelerate a windows box is at 9.8 meters per second square."