RE: [LUG] bug reporting

On 16-May-01 at 16:53:32 Paul Sutton wrote:
> What is the  procedure for reporting bugs with Linux,  I have just
> installed RHL 7.1 and when I shut down I get a general protection fault,
> this gives me a screen of output consisting of hex addresses,  numbers
> and register entrires etc.  I think I have identified which program /
> routine is causing the problem.

For the redhat distro I'd suggest going to their bug web site -
http://bugzilla.redhat.com if I remember correctly - and report it there.

I've had similar problems with rh releases, but not with 7.1. I've found
simply rebuilding the kernel cures it - well, gets rid of it any way, maybe
not a 'cure' as such :-)

John.