Re: [LUG] bug reporting

Paul,

I had a similar problem - although not with Red Hat - when I built my kernel
with ACPI instead of APM.

Both APM (Advanced Power Management) and ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power
Interface)
are used to power down your PC when you shutdown, to save you the energy of
reaching over to
press the power switch yourself. ACPI is favoured over APM, but only because it
provides many more
features. However, I don't think that the ACPI drivers are fully developed yet,
and there are a number
of issues with buggy BIOS code. I currently favour APM, as it does what it says,
and I no longer have
to reach for that power switch...

Take a look at http://phobos.fs.tum.de/acpi/

Of course, this might not be the problem at all... :-)

Cheers,
Matthew

"Paul Sutton" <psutton@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 16/05/2001 17:53:32

Please respond to lug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx