Re: [LUG] Firewalls

matthew.gibbons@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is there anything else worth considering?

Almost too many.

There are a number of low priced commercial software
offerings as well (i.e. Under 100GBP), which I'll never have
time to review, but someone with your background probably
should be doing an OpenSource one for the benefit of
everyone else. Anyway kick me if you want some links.

I could sell you a low priced hardware firewalls, but that
wouldn't be any fun.

> I am prepared to build my own. At a minumum, kernel 2.4.x with IP Tables and
> xNAT should suffice, with a little bit of DHCP and
> dynamic DNS thrown in for good measure. Any thoughts?

Anyway I'm always after lab rats - urm I mean guinea pigs -
to experiment with nmap and co. once you think your
firewalled.

The rumour mills tell me Acterna have already started doing
embedded Linux stuff in Ivybridge - why aren't you on this
project? (Or did I miss something)

--
Simon Waters
Are you using the Internet to best effect ?