[LUG] bug reporting

Hi,

What is the  procedure for reporting bugs with Linux,  I have just installed
RHL 7.1 and when I shut down I get a general protection fault,  this gives
me a screen of output consisting of hex addresses,  numbers and register
entrires etc.  I think I have identified which program / routine is causing
the problem.

What information do I need to include apart from kernel version,
distribution, hardware etc.

thanks for any advice.

Perhaps there could be a section on the Lug site to cover this for the
benefit of other users.  I will have a look on the net also and see what I
can find.

Paul Sutton

Red hat looks really nice.

I think windows objects to my comment from my last mail,  my usenet list had
been deleted,  roll on getting a decent o/s running.