Re: [LUG] lurking and learning

thanks, for all that!!. i'm off to the computer bookstore in Exeter to
find some of those. I'll have a look at the Bookshelf CD it sounds good,
and i can also print stuff out.

I found a prog called Caitoo on Freshmeat which more or less covers the
d/l manager (It was on one of the 6 suse cds when i bothered to look!) I
use go!zilla in win all the time cos the one in Opera/Ie etc tends to go
miles slower.

glibc, and inetd are really what i meant by 'vital' you don't have a zip
prog in win you can't d/l practicaly anything.

oh and there is no way i'm changing distro's! Suse was not easy to
install and its meant to be a 'beginners' package. I had to use Yast1 in
the end cos Yast2 hardly gave me a choice what to install.

i've had a go at compiling the sources to programs, using configure,
make, but usually come up againist errors, and have to search through
the suse package list trying to find a certain file.

Thanks again for all your help....I will be back, probably after getting
stuck on the first paragraph of whichevwer book I end up going for.

Tom Laithwaite

ps is anybody going to the computer fair on Sunday in Exmouth its the
first one i've seen in this part of the country, and as i live within
wlking distance of the venue i thought i'd go along i have a feeling its
going to be <not good> ;-)