Re: [LUG] lurking and learning

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> for Perl (if you use *nix you have to learn perl - and know all monty
> python scripts by heart) I'd say Randal L Shwartz learning perl published
> by O reilly. O reilly are very good publishers with some exceptions (some
> of the database books have issues but are still way better than most).

Any O Reilly on Perl are excellent.  If you dont mind using a web brwoser
for reading, I suggest you go for the Perl CD bookshelf which contains 6
books on the CD which includes, Perl in a Nutshell, Learning Perl,
Learning Perl on Win32 Systems, Programming Perl, Advanced Perl
Programming, and Perl Cookbook.

It even comes with a Perl in a Nutshell in paper format.

Peter Hatton
E-mail:  bramley at termisoc.org
Webpage: http://www.termisoc.org/~bramley
PGP Fingerprint: 1558 65D7 C77E 5DB3 CD8E 70CF 56DF 2DBC 40DB 06EC